Dita Von Teese Shares Her Drugstore Beauty Faves
I’m cheap. There I said it. Ok, frugal we shall say. But I love quality. So when I read this article in which Burlesque Queen Dita Von Teese share her favorite drug store beauty products with Vogue.com, I was giddy with delight to see she shares some of my faves too! Why spend more when you can look like a pin up for less?
Here are some of our common likes:
1. Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Red Revival (645) – this is my GO TO evening lipstick. It’s the best red lipstick ever! Highly pigmented and true dark red. So creamy and yes the packaging is lovely.
2. Coty powder – I’ve been using this since I was a teenager. My mom made me use this when all my other girlfriends were using compact powder. Having grown up with acne herself, she never wanted me to put any extra gunk on my face. My complexion thanks her for it.
3. Cetaphil – yes, again a mom recommended product. Her dermatologist recommended it and I have such sensitive skin that it works well for me, especially during dry, cold weather when my face thinks water is an astringent.
And here are two of my own…
4. Jergens Facecream $4 – or as my mom calls it, the jar with the three faces. So old school and so moisturizing. I’m sure dermatologists will disagree, but it leaves my face buttery soft at night when I remove all my make up at night.
5. Agustin Reyes’ Royal Violets Cologne – so heavenly and naturally fragrant. I hate sweet scents. This cologne is less than $7 and smells like flowers. Clean and pretty.
What about you? Do you have any drug store beauty secrets? Share below!